Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Maybe I'm just crazy.

So the other day I was having this conversation with my good friend Travis about the social structures of today and how casual sex and drinking ones self to oblivion and other things are no longer considered taboo in society and we got to talking about the past. I mentioned how I feel like I was born into the wrong generation, and how I want nothing more than to live in like, the 1930's when boys would pick girls up on dates and give them a flower and take them out to dinner or a dance and expect nothing more than a kiss on the cheek at the end of the night, and everyone was just so classy. Like how during the second world war, women were so fashion concious that when they were denied nylons due to nylon rationing (for it to be used as parachutes) they would tint their legs using either watered down gravy or tea and then draw a line down the back of their legs to imitate the nylon seam using an eyeliner pencil (these days girls are so stupid that they go out in skirts that provide a full view of their private area without even knowing that Nylon's are something more than the title of a magazine), or how clothing was also rationed so people had to make do with what they had, using hand me downs or sheets or old clothing to make new clothing. I know plenty of people who would throw a fit if they had to wear the same thing for more than a year without buying anything new. Travis got to talking about how like, in the 1940s the guys would just act like gentlemen but they would slick their hair back or whatever and everyone was just so cool. I really wish I lived back then. I think that society now is simply too rambunxious for how I wish to live. I'd much rather be part of a conforming society where everyone was very put together and proper and free from social and mental constrictions and they did what they had to without a big fuss.

No comments: