Saturday, April 25, 2009

I am every little girl you ever watched, touched, hurt, screwed, killed.




Okay, so I don't know how many people out there have seen Hard Candy. I'm assuming not many, since most people look at me like I'm insane as soon as I say the name (and most of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Hard Candy is a term used by pedos regarding underage girls). Anyways, this is Ellen Page, one of my favourite actresses (and a Canadian at that, Bonus points!) in her pre-Juno indie-flick days. I keep getting different dates on this movie, but I believe that the year it was officially released would be 2006. On a budget less than a mill (which seems to be virtually unheard of lately) the filmmakers have managed to spin a delightfully twisted treat. Page stars as Haley, a fourteen year old, who hunts the hunters. I can't say much else without completely destroying the film for people, although I do have to voice my admiration for the filmmakers who managed to create a female (key term should be: Girl) character who shows no signs of weakness whatsoever. This is excellent. The entire film dialouge is pretty much attributable to Page herself, with a huge cast of like, 6 characters or something, if I counted properly. Sandra Oh also has a cameo in the movie.

No comments: