Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Requiem.

For Kathelynn, October 18th, 2007.
At night I see you dancing among millions of stars, shining like diamonds in the sky, your feet splashing through the milky way and the black inky sky. I see you playing tag with shooting stars and satellites, and then curling up on craters on the moon to sleep. I see masterpieces by you, brilliant colors along the horizon in the morning and at night, delicate white snowflakes falling on cold winter days, fluffy white cloud shapes floating across a perfect sky. I hear your voice in the breeze, as the wind rustles the leaves on the trees on autumn mornings, and the rain as it falls on my roof, and in the sound of waves crashing against distant shores. Even though you're no longer here in body, I know you will always be watching, because I know that true beauty never dies. It just changes form.


No comments: