Thursday, May 22, 2008

I am no good for you, I'm seeing ghosts in everything I do.

Don't do what you want. Do what you don't want. Do what you're trained not to want. Do the things that scare you the most. Find out what you're afraid of and go live there.

The past while I've spent standing still, despite my mental exhaustion I refused to give into the demands of my sanity. Instead I stood with my feet glued to the ground and my mouth glued shut, hurting myself more than you ever could, the anticipation hurt more than your words ever could. Five minutes of cleansing, five minutes of thought, five minutes of composure, five minutes is all it took for me to realize that if you can give this up, then so can I. I can smile, and I can move on quickly. I'm not going to fight to keep you if you don't want me to, which you obviously dont, so we can have our time and we can keep the scraps of paper of what's left behind. It may not be the same idea, but hands down, I love you forever.

No comments: